G.I. Joe: Renegades

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

G.I. Joe: Renegades

Postby JustinCredible on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 pm

I just got around to start watching Renegades. Is it me or is it the A-Team, but with part of the G.I. Joe team?
JustinCredible

Re: G.I. Joe: Renegades

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

JustinCredible wrote:I just got around to start watching Renegades. Is it me or is it the A-Team, but with part of the G.I. Joe team?

Haven't watched it; we don't have the channel. However, from what I have read, yes, this is the A-Team :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:51 am

while some of the initial choices are questionable (like the obvious a-team) it's worth a watch for it's fairly clever writer and good action. you can check out the entire series on the Hub's website. It's free, thus it's worth it. Truthfully it's better than the classic series, if you take off the rose colored glasses. Not perfect, but no toy based toon can be. Although it's bewildering because toy sales is usually why... but none of these designs and a lot of these characters aren't on the shelves?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 am

chad_ghost wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:I just got around to start watching Renegades. Is it me or is it the A-Team, but with part of the G.I. Joe team?

Haven't watched it; we don't have the channel. However, from what I have read, yes, this is the A-Team :)

Ditto :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Professor on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Seen it. Watch it with the kids. It is like the A-Team and I do like it. I just have to remember it's a cartoon and a kids show, with that in mind I think a Joe fan should enjoy it.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby destros_elite on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 pm

I enjoy what I have seen of Renegades. However, it was announced at JoeCon that Renegades, though continuing on, will be changed to follow in the footsteps of the G.I.Joe Movieverse. the characters will remain and animation will remain the same, just the premise will change. This is disappointing as I am not a huge fan of the Movieverse.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Everything about the movie should change. Mostly new cast, new director, new writers, and new producer. Who knows?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby destros_elite on Mon May 16, 2011 8:47 pm

I wish they would have left Renegades as it was. Fun and all to itself. I, too, hope that the next movie is much improved from the first.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Joes & more