Joes likely to be Christians?

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

Joes likely to be Christians?

Postby RevSears on Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Forgive me if we have done this before, but haven't some filecards mentioned things like chaplain assistance and singing in the church choir? I think Heavy Duty was the one that sang in the choir, but I am not sure. Anyone else know any?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Joes likely to be Christians?

Postby chad_ghost on Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 am

We had a similar discussion before, but not exactly:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14&p=4620&hilit=clutch#p4620
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 am

I see Doc and Lifeline as Christians, based on their specialties and characterization. Based on the culture of their socioeconomic backgroud and their characterization, I could easily see Roadblock, Alpine, Cross-Country, Beach Head, Bazooka, Dusty, Gung-Ho, and Chuckles coming from Christian families.

Considering the strides the underground Christian church has taken in the Middle East and South Pacific, it's a stretch but there's a possibility of Torpedo, Taurus, and Red Dog.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am

How do we know Clutch isn't a Messianic Jew? In his advancing years he could have searched for the Messiah... :D
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby RevSears on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 am

speaking of Clutch there was a TNI board member who posted a dio ors or a drawn sketch about G.I.Joe and santa Claus and when Duke is barking out assignments, he leaves out Clutch. Clutch then asks why and what his assignment was. Duke responds that "After what your people did to Jesus, why can't risk Santa too." Offensive, but I lost it laughing out loud. I think it was Toilet Monkey or Skarapz who posted it.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby lobo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Clutches grandmother was a Jew during WW2.

I can picture Roadblock singing in the choir.
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Return to Joes & more