Seeking the Songhai for Our Savior

Our mission is to share the love of God and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Songhai people of Niger, West Africa through a ministry of soccer.

Seeking the Songhai for Our Savior

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:28 am

Some of you already know that this June, I will be making my first trip to Africa.
There are five people going on this mission:
- Gomer Williams
- Aubrey West
- Gabe Supino
- Chad Smelcer (me)
- Matt Baker

Here is some information about the trip:
The Songhai of West Africa have lived for hundreds of years outside the love and provision of God. More than 50% of the Songhai people are 15 years of age or younger. Few have had the chance to hear, understand, and respond to His love. Help be a part of sowing seeds among the Songhai as we go as a soccer team who will teach young people to improve their soccer skills, while we share our love and relationship with Jesus Christ. Please take the opportunity to pray for us those we will be involved with on a daily basis. Pray that we may share our faith by word and actions, that we may allow the youth of this desert city to see how Christ has blessed our lives.

For more information, please check out our website, http://smelcer.net/songhai

This forum will be an open forum for discussion about our trip, and how YOU can be involved. We need your support, both prayerfully and financially.
Matthew 28:18-20 - The Great Commission
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

To go to this forum, follow this link:
viewforum.php?f=38
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Seeking the Songhai - Missions