I hate my stuff

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

I hate my stuff

Postby Chaplain on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:27 pm

I almost followed this by a "LOL".

I started drawing down my possessions a couple months ago to pay the bills. Now I guess its a fixation of sorts. I realized by getting rid of more and more stuff how much it freed me up. In May I'm moving to wherever I get my first church, so this is part "keeping my sanity" when I move. But the more and more I let go of things, the less stuff I want to keep. I find that I just HATE some of my stuff for taking up room in my house. I'm not sure what course I'm on here...has anyone else ever experienced a radical reformulation of what they own?

It's even getting to the point I'm starting to wonder about some of my Joe stuff. I just want a simpler life...
-Chaplain
Chaplain

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Wow, seems like every time you get your collection where you want it, you come right back to this. I think if I were to get rid of my collection it would be everything I didn't own at some point when I was a kid.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Chaplain on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:30 pm

Whoops! This is why I posted it in Off-topic. I don't mean my Joe collection – though it did undergo a thinning.

I mean ALL my stuff. As of late, I've found sheet sets and comforters I've not used in a year, and those went to the rescue mission. Furniture/carts I don't use, off to Goodwill. Books I never read? eBay, or Goodwill. I guess I've expanded from my successful Joe culling to an everything culling. So far so good – tomorrow I've got the whole day to try to whittle it down more.

But, yeah, the collection's pretty much where it's supposed to be.
-Chaplain
Chaplain

Return to Entertainment