The more I see about the Joe movie...

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

The more I see about the Joe movie...

Postby destros_elite on Mon May 11, 2009 3:46 pm

The more I see about the Joe movie, the less excited I get about. I know they can't put the Marvel run on the silver screen, but I'm not a big fan of the changes they have made. Not to mention, have you seen what Cobra Commander looks like? It looks like he has a jelly-fish stuck to his face! Now, all that said, will I go see it? As a G.I. Joe fan...OF COURSE! But probably out of loyalty to the line, more so than excitement about the movie. I hope I'm proven wrong and the movie is awesome...but we'll see.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: The more I see about the Joe movie...

Postby Matthew on Tue May 12, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm the opposite. I knew this wouldn't be my GI joe, so my expectations were low. Now, I'm actually getting excited about it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Wed May 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Snake Eyes does the talking for me:
:cry:
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby camper on Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

Just watched the trailer: Looks like a good mix of Halo, Sigma 6, and M.A.S.K. without the best of all of them.

Still, it looks entertaining as far as movies go. With all the other 'summer action movies' out and coming out--Transformers 2, Star Trek, Wolverine, Terminator: Salvation, Public Enemies, Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince, Inglourios Bastards.....I expect the GI Joe movie to trail behind or be equal to "Land of the Lost".

dan
camper

Postby destros_elite on Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm

camper wrote:Just watched the trailer: Looks like a good mix of Halo, Sigma 6, and M.A.S.K. without the best of all of them.

Still, it looks entertaining as far as movies go. With all the other 'summer action movies' out and coming out--Transformers 2, Star Trek, Wolverine, Terminator: Salvation, Public Enemies, Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince, Inglourios Bastards.....I expect the GI Joe movie to trail behind or be equal to "Land of the Lost".

dan

I hear ya. No matter how much action you throw into a movie, it can't hid all the flaws...
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 pm

And just in case someone has not seen the trailer for G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, here is the link:

http://www.gijoemovie.com/
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Fri May 15, 2009 2:43 am

I feel like the took the WORST aspects of joe and joe fandom and put them in this movie.
Sigma suits: I hate them. I could handle the "liquid armor" suits, if in environment appropriate camo. That would have been a decent middle ground.
Destro is cool and all but it always seems like there is this group that wants him to be above CC (One of Jerwa's few flaws, but he did fix it after awhile) Destro is great, but CC is the man i want to see be a real villain
Mind controlling nanites? I hated the mind control aspects. It makes it hard to care about the characters, and makes the villains cheap.
International? please!
HD over roadblock?

To me it doesn't even seem like a decent movie, let alone a joe movie, but oh well. I will probably see it, but i was disappointed when i heard summers was involved.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Return to Entertainment