G I JoeCartoon?

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

G I JoeCartoon?

Postby Alucard on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 am

I was wondering what the current, upto date Cartoon we have out there for GI JOE? I dont remember seeing one, but I remember there was one floating around.... also does anyone know if there will be one after the movie comes out?
Alucard

Re: G I JoeCartoon?

Postby Matthew on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:01 pm

The most recent cartoon is GI Joe: Resolute. It was first previewed last summer, and then it sorta disappeared. It finally aired on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim a few months back. It seemed to by highly successful, but, from what I have heard, wasn't exactly what Hasbro had in mind. I've watched half of it on youtube, and it has been great so far. I don't see anything new coming out until next year though. The rest of 2009 will be all movie stuff. I really hope that we can have a return of Resolute in 2010.

Btw, here is a good link to all the youtube videos
http://generalsjoes.com/2009/04/23/gi-j ... -playlist/

Enjoy :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Alucard on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Matthew wrote:The most recent cartoon is GI Joe: Resolute. It was first previewed last summer, and then it sorta disappeared. It finally aired on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim a few months back. It seemed to by highly successful, but, from what I have heard, wasn't exactly what Hasbro had in mind. I've watched half of it on youtube, and it has been great so far. I don't see anything new coming out until next year though. The rest of 2009 will be all movie stuff. I really hope that we can have a return of Resolute in 2010.

Btw, here is a good link to all the youtube videos
http://generalsjoes.com/2009/04/23/gi-j ... -playlist/

Enjoy :D

thanks for the solid answer on this, I Was wondering about the Resolute, but wasnt sure what it was... they did do a toy line for it though I see?
Alucard

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:52 pm

As Matthew said, the most recent G.I. Joe cartoon is Resolute. However, rumor has it that when the new Hasbro channel comes out next year (SEE LINK BELOW), that it will carry a new G.I. Joe cartoon. I have heard some say this may be a G.I. Joe "Combat Heroes" cartoon. If you're not familiar with the Combat heroes, I have listed a link below for that as well.

Hasbro Channel
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1452

G.I. Joe Combat Heroes
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/browse//_/Nt ... allpartial
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Alucard on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm

destros_elite wrote:As Matthew said, the most recent G.I. Joe cartoon is Resolute. However, rumor has it that when the new Hasbro channel comes out next year (SEE LINK BELOW), that it will carry a new G.I. Joe cartoon. I have heard some say this may be a G.I. Joe "Combat Heroes" cartoon. If you're not familiar with the Combat heroes, I have listed a link below for that as well.

Hasbro Channel
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1452

G.I. Joe Combat Heroes
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/browse//_/Nt ... allpartial

cool didnt know about the channel, but I bet it will be:

1) not picked up by most cable providers (at first)

2) have stuff on it for kids under 10.

far as the combat joes, I saw those in the store and I had to laugh when I Saw them, they look like what I can only compare to the "baby lego's" you know what I am talking about, the dumbed down, easier to play with for young kids who are just learning how things work in life.
Alucard

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Alucard wrote:cool didnt know about the channel, but I bet it will be:

1) not picked up by most cable providers (at first)

2) have stuff on it for kids under 10.

far as the combat joes, I saw those in the store and I had to laugh when I Saw them, they look like what I can only compare to the "baby lego's" you know what I am talking about, the dumbed down, easier to play with for young kids who are just learning how things work in life.

Well, if your cable/satelite provider carries Discovery Kids (I know DirecTV does) then you would probably get it automatically when it becomes the Hasbro Channel. That being said, I agree that at first it won't be picked up by to many new carriers.
Most of the content will be for the younger crowd. And I'm okay with that. I'm a big kid inside, so I'll just sit down with my little girl and enjoy it! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Entertainment