Sky Angel Faith & Family Television

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

Sky Angel Faith & Family Television

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 pm

I don't know why I didn't post this earlier or what brought it to my mind now, but there is a Christian Television service called Sky Angel. It offers television service at very affordable rates. It doesn't offer many of your big channels or networks, but offers Christian programming and channels such as Fox News, Discovery, NFL Network, Gospel Music Channel and more. A friend of mine has this and really enjoys it.

Here is a link to the site just in case some wants to look into it.

http://www.skyangel.com/home/
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Sky Angel Faith & Family Television

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 am

That's pretty interesting. Good idea.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Sat May 22, 2010 4:30 am

Unfortantly to get internet up here, you essentially are forced to buy cable (otherwise you can't be high speed, or have unlimted bit transfer)

I'm more open to this than I used to be. But truth be told I just want to be able to only Fox news. Some religious program is nicing, but i'm leary of a lot of it. But I like the idea here.

Imo, it should be law Cable companies should have to let us buy by channel. That way no one gets offended. (we could also stop having the channels monitored for content, if they offend you, just stop doing b ussiness with them etc.)
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Mon May 24, 2010 12:48 pm

RevSears wrote:Imo, it should be law Cable companies should have to let us buy by channel. That way no one gets offended. (we could also stop having the channels monitored for content, if they offend you, just stop doing b ussiness with them etc.)

Everyone I talk to agrees that this is how it should be done. I'd even pay more than I'm paying now to have the channels I actually want.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Mon May 24, 2010 5:54 pm

I hear that per individual channel the price would go up, but like you, I don't care. Paying for the 4 channels i'd watch and won't offend me would be well worth it. (Fox news for me and ... well that's it for me anymore. But the wife would have to have we, comedy central and cartoon network, and even some of the programs ont he last two offend me)
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Return to Entertainment