Stargate Universe

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

Stargate Universe

Postby RevSears on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:37 pm

I just checked out the 2part opener on Hulu. Anybody else check it out?
Between the darker tone, amped up drama, and the unnecessary sex scene, it seems very un gate like.
I'm not digging this very much i did appreciate the cameos and the USS George Hammond! (btw the actor who played george hammond, can't remember his name, did wildbill in vvv and spytroops and was great at him! but he passed away a couple of years ago sadly. )
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Stargate Universe

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:08 am

Chad has been watching it, so I'm sure he has an opinion on it. I don't though :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:36 am

Some of the unnecessary stuff (like the sex scene) has been down played, but there is still more of a BSG feel to the whole show. I've heard it called Battlestargate Voyager. It DOES, IMHO, seem more like SG-1 in the fact that they are exploring planets and have a more military feel to it (w/ the BDUs and such).

I haven't watched the last episode, but I am optimistic at this point.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 am

so even more time has passed, anyone still tuning in?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Mon May 24, 2010 10:53 pm

RevSears wrote:so even more time has passed, anyone still tuning in?

I've seen all the ones that are online. Still not a huge fan, but at least its Stargate.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Entertainment