Who was your Star Trek Captain?

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

Who was your Star Trek Captain?

Postby RevSears on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm a huge DS9 fan. For some reason i've been really thinking about DS9 recently and would love to have more from that universe but I know it's not going to happen. Picard is 2nd best, Janeway is sometimes tolerable, and I loath TOS most of the time (movies, Spock, and Scottie were good) and enterprise
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Who was your Star Trek Captain?

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:00 am

Picard... mainly because I've watched very little Star Trek :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Professor on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 am

For me it would have to be a tie between Kirk and Sisko. I too really enjoyed DS9, though I do not like how they ended Sisko's character. 2nd for me would have to be Picard, followed by Janeway and Archer. I thought the story arcs that DS9 carried and the dark subject matter they covered was impressive. On the same hand I like the science and morality tales of TNG. I watched DS9 weekly when it was on the air, watched some TNG and did not care for or watch Voyager or Enterprise. As for the original series, who can go wrong with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy (sidenote, this last summers movie really got me excited and back into the franchise!)
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby Matthew on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Like Chad, very little Star Trek. Can't vote
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Picard. The main reason for this is because TNG was what I grew up with, much like those in the generation prior to mine would probably vote Kirk for the same reason. So I cannot bring a case against any of the other Captains, but Picard was the one I watched the most.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Entertainment