Doctor Who

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

Doctor Who

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:06 pm

I know Rev is a fan, but does anyone else, besides Rev and me watch BBCs Doctor Who? It is a fun show to watch. This season has been the best yet in my opinion. The new doctor and his companion are absolutely wonderful together. This past Saturday night's episode was very interesting. They went back to visit Van Gogh. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it was a great episode.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Doctor Who

Postby RevSears on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:36 am

I was blown away by the recent trailer for the new season. Sadly with out cable my wait may be even longer, Or I might break down and buy them on itunes... but it would kill my bandwidth. unlimited data plans no longer exist in Ak. (well aside from dail up and low speed connections)
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:48 pm

This season does look awesome! If I can get my DVD-Recorder up and running, I may be able to record a few and send you. No promises I can get it running though. :(
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I will soon be without cable again, and I'll miss the next season but it feels like I am leaving at a natural time. the Ponds have had a couple of good byes already and it seems strange to have another one ? before to switching to a new companion. I'm sure once it appears on netflix i'll catch back up though.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 am

It is also going to be a shorter season.
destros_elite

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I've never sat down and gotten started watching it, though I probably will give it a try soon. The Infamous Bearded Alex, one of the oddities from my church who often accompanies me on fishing expeditions, is quite the diehard fan. Most of the shows he's gotten me started watching have become favorites, so I'll trust him again. His tastes in TV (and overall personality & outlook) remind me a lot of myself when I was his age (22).
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby RevSears on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:06 pm

RevSears

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm

It's funny that the notification for your reply came up, Sam... I just walked in the door after getting home from work and Grace told me she had been building K-9 from Doctor Who out of Legos.... Then I headed to the bathroom to take a shower and this popped up...
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby RevSears on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm

For Avery Joe's baby shower, my church got him several Doctor who themed items http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/new-born-whovian-nerd/
RevSears

Postby andrwfields on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:36 pm

So... Peter Capaldi. Thoughts?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby RevSears on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:41 pm

glad to see some maturity this time around, might avoid the heartthrob angle
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Anyone watching the latest season of Doctor Who? If so, what are you thoughts on the new Doctor?
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:13 am

Nope. Still not watching Dr. Who yet :-)
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:49 am

I'm watching the new season, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Peter Capaldi is good, but the writing isn't great.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby destros_elite on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:28 pm

I am enjoying the season and the new Doctor is growing on me. This has not been my favorite season, but there is still time to improve upon it.
destros_elite

Next

Return to Entertainment