fishing

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

fishing

Postby the pyromaniac on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:31 am

Are there any other anglers on here? I'm a serious bass angler with aspirations of catching 200 fish species on rod & reel. Does anybody share my obsession?
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Re: fishing

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Sadly, no. I have no patience.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 am

You can be a good angler without a lot of patience... Look at me, I have a very short attention span! That being said, if you prepare for a fishing trip as a football team prepares for a game, and take the football/hockey mindset into it, it can be a lot of fun.

So as mentioned before, I aspire to catch 200 species of fish on a rod and reel. I am currently at 58.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Matthew on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah, not a fisherman. Really no end game for me. "Hey! I caught a fish. Now I have to touch it? No thanks." -Me :-)
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:07 am

I'm gonna start a blog at http://fishspecieshunter.wordpress.com to chronicle my exploits in the pursuit of fish. I'll post when it goes live so if anybody cares they can read it.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm

I recently caught my 65th species of fish. Good times!

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 pm

the pyromaniac wrote:I recently caught my 65th species of fish. Good times!

Wow! I don't think I can even think of ten different species :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm

I've caught 11 this year, and 23 last year.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Entertainment