Nook Color

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

Nook Color

Postby destros_elite on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 pm

My wife surprised me with the Nook Color for Christmas. It is AWESOME. I was excited for the Marvel content I could get on it (as Marvel recently entered into a contract with Barnes and Noble) and also for the fact that it reads .pdf files, so all I'd have to do is convert my .cbz and .cbr comics (about 2,000 or so) into .pdf to view on the Nook. WELL, after playing with it, I discovered that it not only reads .pdf files but .cbz files as well! Just so happens that my G.I. Joe run is in .cbz format so I am good to go! So I just wanted to let everyone know the Nook Color reads .pdf and .cbz files, a great score for digital comic people. Now, I still prefer paper in my hand, but digital is convenient and a great space saver!
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Nook Color

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 am

I got one specifically for comics. I have all the Marvel run (& more) on a 16gb microSD. I've also found several free epub books online too. Shoot me a pm if you want to know my entire list of Joe comics.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: Nook Color

Postby the pyromaniac on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I have a black & white Nook and I love it! Hit me up on there at moore.scott77@gmail.com!
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Entertainment