Soda

For discussions outside the other threads, this is the forum for you. Anything from other hobbies, politics, movies, television, to even your job can be talked about, just as long as it is not incoherent.

Soda

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:46 pm

I am not a big fan of soda, but since I don't drink coffee I tend to drink diet soda at work if I need some caffeine.

About 3 months ago I realized that when I was at home I drank zero sodas and when I was at work I would drink lots of soda and although I drink diet decided it couldn't be very healthy. So I decided to start drinking water and also Vitamin Water. For those of you that haven't had Vitamin Water it is freaking awesome. Not too sweet like so many of the flavored water seem to be and it is actually sorda healthy for you. I am totally in love with Vitamin Water and buy it in bulk (like 70-80 bottles at a time) when it goes on sale. Yes, people give me very weird looks when I go to check out. :D

So now when I do drink soda I tend to bounce off of the walls and get sorda hyper. Sorda lilke a kid on a candy high. My point? I was sorda sleepy today because I couldn't sleep last night (which happens to me ALL of the time) and decided to get a Diet Coke. Now I am feeling all hyper and antsy. :( Plus in about 2 hours I am totally going to crash and be sleepy again.

Ok, so maybe I don't have much of a point with this story but I am wired and needed to write something because I am punchy. LOL

Happy Friday everyone!
JustAGrl

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:24 pm

I drink about 1-2 soft drinks a year. I haven't been a consistent soda drinker in about 7-8 years. I don't miss them at all.

Caffiene is very addictive, and the amount of sugar in most soft drinks is extremely high.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby andrwfields on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:33 am

I don't drink as much regular soda as much as I drink energy drinks. My favorite is called a B52 and they're really hard to find where I live. I also drink an occasional Ale-8-One (Caffienated Ginger Ale made in KY) in it's regular or diet form. I've been on a kick for Gatorade and Powerade lately.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:56 pm

andrwfields wrote:I don't drink as much regular soda as much as I drink energy drinks. My favorite is called a B52 and they're really hard to find where I live. I also drink an occasional Ale-8-One (Caffienated Ginger Ale made in KY) in it's regular or diet form. I've been on a kick for Gatorade and Powerade lately.

I am probably one of the few people that actually love ginger ale. Do you guys have Vernor's soda down there? It is a ginger soda that has a bit of a kick to it. Most people either love it or hate it.

I like both Powerade and Gatorade, but still prefer the Vitamin Water over both.
JustAGrl

Postby camper on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:57 pm

I drink more soda than any man (or woman) should. Tried going the diet route, but there's something in there that gives me heart palpatations and the jitters. Not the caffine, I think it's the asparatine or something.

dan
camper

Postby Normus on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:30 am

I'm on a two bottle a day habit of Mountain Dew. I know I should probly cut back, but least it isn't as bad as it used to be.

Just annoys me a little that I can't find jolt cola around here though.
Normus

Postby andrwfields on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:29 am

JustAGrl wrote:I am probably one of the few people that actually love ginger ale. Do you guys have Vernor's soda down there? It is a ginger soda that has a bit of a kick to it. Most people either love it or hate it.

I like both Powerade and Gatorade, but still prefer the Vitamin Water over both.

I think Vernor's soda is quite tasty! :P
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:31 pm

Normus wrote:I'm on a two bottle a day habit of Mountain Dew. I know I should probly cut back, but least it isn't as bad as it used to be.

Just annoys me a little that I can't find jolt cola around here though.

I've found that it's plentiful up here though! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Entertainment