Army 4 One Bible Study

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

Army 4 One Bible Study

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Introduction
A few months ago a few of the seasoned members on the board thought that it would be a good idea to have a Bible study on the A4O boards. Chad and Matt opened the gates, and I ran with the flag. It went well for a little while, but as all things go, nothing but God can withstand the test of time. Destros_Elite and I have decided that the time has come again to contemplate the mysteries of the Word of God. Won't you join us?

Clear your mind, say a prayer, and crack open that Good Book! We're jumping in full force and we want you there with us!

What We're Studying Right Now: 1 Samuel
A prized book of the Old Testament. 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel were originally one book and part of a series including 1 Kings and 2 Kings called the Books of the Kingdoms. This book tells of Samuel's birth and calling, the defeat of Israel by the Philistines, the capture and recovery of the ark, the kingship of Saul to the Israelites and his failure to them, and ends in Saul's death.

How We'll Be Doing It
*We'll be studying six chapters of the book a week.
*The study with run from Monday to Saturday each week with posting on Sunday^.
*All thoughts are welcome! We want to know what you think about what we're studying.

*Note*
All versions and translations of the Bible are welcome here! We can use this to get different points of view and translations and meanings for what we're reading! If you don't have a Bible at home or wherever you are at the moment, I recommend using BibleGateway.com which has 50 different versions of the Bible on it.

^Subject to change
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Introduction
Chad, Matt, Rev, and I have been talking about having a Bible study on the board here at A4O. We talked about if anyone would be interested and the answer was yes. We talked about what books we would want to study and we came up with two: Job and Romans.

The Appeal of Job
Job is the story we can all relate to. A human who does what he can to make a life for him and his family and also to please God. What happens? He gets stomped on but he stays faithful. Or does he? We all feel like Job sometimes.

The Appeal of Romans
This is promised to be one of the most complex books of the New Testament. Scholars say that there is more Christian theology hidden and found in Romans than anywhere else. With Romans, we would delve into the deeper parts of the Christian teachings of Paul and we might discover something that would change the way we live our lives.

How it would be done
*We would start off doing three chapters a week starting Sunday morning and ending Saturday night.
*In that time frame we would discuss the three chapters in an open forum.
*This forum would be viewable by everyone and anyone could post their thoughts at any time.
*All thoughts would be welcome.

What to do now
By making a reply to this post or voting on the poll you let me know that you would be interested in doing this Bible study with us. Keep in mind that nobody is obligated to doing this study.

Note
All versions and translations of the Bible can be used here! We can use this to get different points of view and translations and meaning for what we're reading!

Thanks guys and gals!
Last edited by andrwfields on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:43 pm

I would definately be interested.

Which version of the Bible does everyone use?
JustAGrl

Postby Matthew on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:57 pm

I use NIV
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:13 pm

I use NLT. I need to make an update about that! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby camper on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:25 pm

I prefer New King James, but I'll probably be doing it during the week and can use any of them through biblegateway.com.

dan
camper

Postby MacGyver on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:53 pm

I'm interested in either one. ;) I use NASB, but I've also got an NIV, NLT and the Message floating around here somewhere. Yeah, Biblegateway's a great site!
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby andrwfields on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:44 pm

There is a new poll listed in the Bible Study forum.

Please take a moment to look over the topic, vote, and reply if you are interested in or are following along with the study!

Thanks,
Andy
andrwfields
Constable

Return to Discussions & Scripture