How often do you cuss?

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

How often do you cuss?

Postby RevSears on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:20 am

I try my best to avoid but I do sometimes. Out of anger, pain... or on video games ... (****** mario, jump!) Maybe in the bedroom too, but that really doesn't count right?

So is it okay to cuss some? do you?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: How often do you cuss?

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Very rarely. It's something that I find a bad witness, and something I do not like coming out of my mouth. Unfortunately, I do find myself thinking those and sometimes mouthing certain words, but as Christians, it is something we really should avoid.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby lobo on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:19 pm

I was raised to not cuss.

I did come home from Elementary school one day and ask my Mom what F*** meant. I saw it on the bathroom wall at school and wondered what it meant.

That doesn't mean I don't know the words or usage - just that I choose not to use them. I normally don't say a lot of regular words, anyway, so it's not extremely difficult...
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby RevSears on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:01 am

This topic was sstolen from stuff Christians like btw.

I too try not to cuss and feel it's our best choice. But I also worry that on wind as Christians we have made cussing a sin (look it up) and gossip etc Not! i think it's a majoring on the minors issue.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby lobo on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:15 am

Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:57 pm

I do, but typically to myself. I used to think it wasn't bad if no one else heard, but as I've gotten older I don't think this is still the case. I heard someone say that what comes out of your mouth is what is in your heart. Someone else said that the person you are when you are by yourself is who you really are.

These things make me think that cussing is a sin for me.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Matthew wrote:I heard someone say that what comes out of your mouth is what is in your heart. Someone else said that the person you are when you are by yourself is who you really are. These things make me think that cussing is a sin for me.

Well said. I fall and cuss in my mind or under my breath at times and immediately feel conviction.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby camper on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:12 am

Far too often, and with far too much gusto.

camper
camper

Postby RevSears on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:09 am

camper wrote:Far too often, and with far too much gusto.

camper

I have to admit i wanted to hit some kind of "like" button for this. Just because i don't feel alone now!
RevSears

Return to Discussions & Scripture