The big Book of Bible difficulties

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

The big Book of Bible difficulties

Postby RevSears on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:01 am

By Geisler and howe

I got an order in from Amazon a week or so a go. I can't tell you how happy i am with this book. I thought i would drop it's name on here in case you haven't seen it. It's a huge book and will run 25$ or so. But it's got substance. It begins by listing common problems that the detractors have when they tried to analyze the bible and find "errors." Then it launches into the main body of the book, a list of the major "problems" in the bible in solutions. I have noticed he skips a few verses i feel are often misapplied etc. but those are more grey areas of denomintional doctrine etc. than anyone claiming that verse is "wrong." I've just finished going through the Genesis section. I've been skipping through with my bible to read the context of the passages i don't remember as well as others. Some of them are out of left feild, like "people had a problem with this???"

All n all, if you want to answer a critic, or simply teach a bible study that includes a difficult passage, this NEEDS to be in your library.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: The big Book of Bible difficulties

Postby Matthew on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Sounds very cool. I don't have a library, and I'm not much of a book guy :/. I'm really considering getting an iPad next summer and possibly looking into expanding my "virtual library." I'll have to keep this in mind.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Discussions & Scripture