college requirement question (more issues)

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

college requirement question (more issues)

Postby RevSears on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 am

So that latest strange thing my college did was add me to a "class" that required me to view their recorded chapel services and write notes. This is ok in theory, but they did so without telling me and today I recieved an e-mail it was due tommorrow, that i should know about it and i will fail. ??? Backing up a little bit i did find a few weeks ago that It was a requirement for next semester and I did get a reminder to view online chaples a month ago, but no information about my forced enrollement etc. Can they enroll me in a class and not tell me? or change requirements mid-way through my bachelor program? I really don't know how to go to complain here.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: college requirement question (more issues)

Postby Matthew on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am

I really don't know.

When I was at ETSU, whatever catalog you came in on, you could follow those requirements even if they changed requirements while you were there. Kinda gave you a grandfathered benchmark. I am/was grateful for that :D

As far as classes go, was there an official syllabus for the course? I think that that should be your standard for expectations if one was/is available.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 am

UVa-Wise has the same policy, that if the requirements change, you're not bound by them. I'm a student right now, but I'm on the 1995-96 catalog.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby RevSears on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:35 am

that's the way i have heard all colleges operate, but I am not sure if they violate it, who i can complain to. I confirmed with a school representative the first letter (that i never received went out in September. My class load was finalized (and required to be) in May!

My big challenge is to seek my own motives here. Am i being stubborn and staying in this school to get a better job and provide my wife (and eventually kids) or am I doing it as a matter of pride to say I have a degree? I really feel it's a bit of both but If i go forward it really can only be because it will help with my family.

I can say this safley, I will recommend no one attend Clear Creek Baptist Bible College online. I have heard wonderful things about attending in person, I have my doubts, but I can't really speak to that. The actual proffesors are knowledgable and I have learned a lot, especially in my recent evangelism class. But I constantly run into non-communication, broken links, incorrect sylabus (okay that one we can blame on the teachers) and to be nice we will call them falsehoods about my degree path and the requirements.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Return to Discussions & Scripture