Need to vent

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

Need to vent

Postby Matthew on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Saw on facebook someone blasting creationism. How liberal it is to allow everyone's view but mine! The comment was snarky and said that "of course there were dinosaurs on the ark." The largest dinosaur eggs were football sized, but everyone has this idea that Noah took full grown animals on the ark. Argh!
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Need to vent

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 pm

That's what we're always going to deal with until Jesus comes back. There will always be widescale suppression of the Christ-centered worldview. Now imagine also being left of center on most issues while also being a Christian. The left doesn't want me because I follow Christ, and the right doesn't want me because I don't blindly follow what they preach as the so-called party of the Church.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Wowboy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Matthew wrote:Saw on facebook someone blasting creationism. How liberal it is to allow everyone's view but mine! The comment was snarky and said that "of course there were dinosaurs on the ark." The largest dinosaur eggs were football sized, but everyone has this idea that Noah took full grown animals on the ark. Argh!

Just a guess, but I'd say that the person blasting creationism was doubtlessly appealing to their own rational reason, thus condemning Christians for being blithering superstitious idiots.

What's funny to me is that most of the people who shout this stuff the loudest have no idea what they are talking about. They couldn't justify any sort of scientific theory that disproves Christianity if they tried.

I certainly understand the need vent... but the best course of action is to just move on. I wouldn't even bother to debate them unless I was really really bored and felt like typing.
Wowboy

Postby Wowboy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Oh, and by the way, remember that the modern definition of liberal is effectively completely different than it's actual definition.

Today liberal means "We're right and you're stupid, and we're going to call you names until you shut up... meanie."
Wowboy

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:23 pm

And also, remember that there is ZERO scientific or historical evidence out there to refute Christianity...
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby RevSears on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 pm

I totally understand. Everytime I encounter one of those darwin bumper stickers (that look like icthus but have feet ) or the "evolution is just a theory, like gravity" bumper stickers I foam at the mouth. About the only thing that bothers me more is those awful coexist bumper stickers!

I usually have to catch my breath, pray for my own patience, and then of course pray for them!

Have you heard of http://creation.com/ Creation ministries international? I saw an excellent video presentation from them at the pastor's conference i went to! Might be a place to get some ammo to address them with.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 am

Thanks for all the reply's. I went down the road with these guys and really it comes down to God vs no God without them having a shred of evidence. And honestly, how can a comic book artist (Tom) and a graphic designer (myself) going to actually have a serious debate about evolution. We aren't scientists, but danged if the entire atheist community think that they are :-)
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Wowboy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 pm

<sarcasm>

I for one am very glad that we have such a plethora of atheists who instantly become expert scientists as soon as they banish God from existence. Especially those comic book artists. I know just the other day at work we were talking about some new designs for orbital platforms and the first thing we did was call in some atheist comic book artists.

</sarcasm>
Wowboy

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:03 pm

:lol:

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Discussions & Scripture