On Guard/Apologetics

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

On Guard/Apologetics

Postby Wowboy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Last summer in Oklahoma I attended a pretty massive apologetics conference called OnGuard! I know they said they have more in other states, and I would imagine other organizations put together something similar.

Anyway, I would highly recommend going. It is a bit of a different way of viewing spirituality, and it's one that I think we too easily overlook.

I do have a question for someone who has either attended or is familiar with apologetics... they kept talking about the mathematical odds against evolution... does anyone know how they come up with those figures? I asked one of the professors who lectured, and he replied that he wasn't a mathematician and didn't know. I can't find any info about the actual calculations online... so I thought I'd ask here :)
Wowboy

Re: On Guard/Apologetics

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Been sitting on this for a few weeks, but figured I'd chime in.

Not sure where these stats come from. Statistics can easily be skewed any way they want, and sometimes I feel that quotes like this are just like Evolution quotes, they are nothing but words.

I think this is a good start, though, when it comes to evolution
http://www.creationtruth.com/index.php? ... Itemid=196

Granted, none of it makes any sense to me, and I think that is good. So many people who believe wholeheartedly in evolution only do so because it doesn't involve God/creation. To truly understand it, it takes more than being a scientist, but really in depth genetics and microbiology.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Discussions & Scripture