The morality of Casting Joe items?

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

The morality of Casting Joe items?

Postby RevSears on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Is it stealing?

I'd love to get this place back to talking again.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: The morality of Casting Joe items?

Postby Matthew on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:34 am

If Hasbro has a problem with it, then I would have a problem with it. They are more concerned with trademarks/copyrights than they are the products. J&R castings from way back got a C&D letter from Hasbro for using Hasbro names.

Plus, some of the stuff I can buy from a caster I've never seen in a store :-)
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:58 pm

I think it's obvious the original stuff is ok, and I don't buy cast stuff often (twice maybe ever? once from tofujesse, once from good2go) Maruader John is all original and I don't think that counts at all. I can see someone having problems with the straight up recasts from Hasbro's works, or from the Club's works for that matter. Something I am very interested in buying when I have some spare change around is casts of the heads of the past club, That has to hurt people buying the sets right?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:36 pm

You know, if parts were easier/cheaper to get from Hasbro, then that would be one thing, but the fact is that most people buying cast parts are buying because it's cheaper/easier. I don't these products are hurting Hasbro's sales, so I have no problem with it at all.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 am

I wish they were easier or cheaper. That's always what i have wanted from the club, parts and additions, not super expensive exclusives.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 pm

It's all about the dollar :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm

I've been chewing on this one for a couple weeks. If it's being sold as a reproduction, and it's not something we can get from Hasbro, or if it's all original like Marauder John, then I have no issue with it.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Discussions & Scripture