The Christian Purge

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

The Christian Purge

Postby RevSears on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I think most of us have done it at one point or another, gone through all our belongs and got rid of things we felt convicted about. I can recall a time as a teenager where dirty magazines went the trash as well as RobZombie CDs. I stopped Magic the Gathering multiple times, not because i felt it was wrong in itself, but because of a it potentially being a barrier. I've dropped Tv shows before too, so it's not all physical things. I'm finding a new type of one though, the parent purge. I've noticed despite my past love for scary movies, i won't watch them if Avery Joe is near by, even if Asleep, and my actual desire to see them is almost gone, save for the rare few I had already wanted to see before was born.

Can anyone else relate? how or what were some of your purges?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: The Christian Purge

Postby Matthew on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm

I' haven't purged stuff for your reasons, but have really thought a lot lately about purging the stuff in my garage. Joe vehicles are just so darn hard to store, and I probably have 6 boxes of vehicle stuff. Getting rid of it would really help lighten the load, and (gulp), prepare the way for kid #2 (whenever that may be :-))
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Discussions & Scripture