Read any good books lately?

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

Re: Read any good books lately?

Postby andrwfields on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:25 am

Matt, I still haven't forgotten about you. I think about it all the time, but where I'm moving, I haven't set aside the time to go to the Post Office and send that money off to you. Give me just a little bit longer and I'll have it out to you.

I finished "Not a Fan" a little over a week ago. It was an excellent book and well worth the read. It's great especially if you think you've got your Christian life worked out because it will still find a way to make you feel a little convicted. Don't take it the wrong way though, because the author only writes what he does to convey the seriousness of choosing to follow Jesus.

I picked up "THe Five Love Languages" a few weeks ago, and I'm hoping that after I get moved that I will have time to sit down and read it. Also, as soon as I can get that money order shipped out to Matt, I plan on digging into the book he's going to send me!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby RevSears on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm

the five languages is a good book with great advice and info, but it can be hard to remember to do all it suggests!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:10 pm

andrwfields wrote:Matt, I still haven't forgotten about you. I think about it all the time, but where I'm moving, I haven't set aside the time to go to the Post Office and send that money off to you. Give me just a little bit longer and I'll have it out to you.

I finished "Not a Fan" a little over a week ago. It was an excellent book and well worth the read. It's great especially if you think you've got your Christian life worked out because it will still find a way to make you feel a little convicted. Don't take it the wrong way though, because the author only writes what he does to convey the seriousness of choosing to follow Jesus.

I picked up "THe Five Love Languages" a few weeks ago, and I'm hoping that after I get moved that I will have time to sit down and read it. Also, as soon as I can get that money order shipped out to Matt, I plan on digging into the book he's going to send me!

We really need a like button :-)
Matthew
The Mayor

Previous

Return to Discussions & Scripture