US backed rebels slaughter Christians :(

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

US backed rebels slaughter Christians :(

Postby RevSears on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:20 am

http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/u-s-backed-obama-supported-fsa-syrian-rebels-massacre-an-entire-christian-village/
Warning graphic images.

I got called at for "political grandstanding" for posting this and flat out attacked by a liberal family for posting this on facebook (i removed their post) Crazy me thinks this is something we need to be aware of.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: US backed rebels slaughter Christians :(

Postby Wowboy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 am

<sarcasm>How dare you bring horrific massacres to people's attention to try and inform them about the conflict in Syria. You're such a jerk.</sarcasm>

But seriously, you're exactly correct. All of the "Arab Spring" uprisings have had the tone of Militant Islamicists overthrowing the more secular governments that had previously been backed by the US. With these sorts of theocratic groups come the ideas that Muslim lands must be purified and the infidels must be purged. It's happened before... When Islam first established itself as a power in the 7th and 8th centuries, they would often slaughter the Christians who lived in the countries they conquered. It happened in Syria, Egypt and throughout North Africa, and all the way up into Spain, Southern France, and even Italy. When the Turks finally destroyed the Byzantine Empire, the streets of Constantinople "flowed like rivers with Christian blood." Of course, whatever few Christians were left became second class citizens and even treated worse than African Americans living under Jim Crow laws.

Right now, we are witnessing an attempt by Islamicists to re-establish a caliphate. They feel that they are retaking their own lands from US-backed dictators across the region. The US, on the other hand, feels hypocritical for having backed anti-democratic dictators for decades, and foolishly think that if they now put their backing behind the people, that we will win the hearts and minds of mid-easterners.

I think the reason people, especially liberal ones, responded negatively to that article wasn't necessarily the content. The American Defence League (and the larger English Defence League) is thought of as a radical, racist and fascist organization.
Wowboy

Postby RevSears on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 pm

If treason is aiding and abitting our enemies, and they want all nonmuslims to convert or die, isn't giving them money treason? Shame for spying on us innocent citizens and violating the constitution in tons of ways. I am really sounding like a crazy person these days, but I firmly believe actions are being taken that are unconstitutional and even treasonous by folks in our government.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 am

I was listening to Shawn Hannity (i think) yesterday and he said that the US shouldn't even be invovled in Syria because we are in a danged if you do, danged if don't situation. Look at Egypt. They ousted their leader only to be replaced by terrorist (his words). Same thing could happen to Syria. We really aren't friends or allies of either side of the civil war so we should wash our hands of it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Discussions & Scripture