Bible Study Help

Anything religious related that you want to talk about or have questions about the Word? If it relates to Faith it can be discussed in this section.

Bible Study Help

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:27 am

I have started something new with my Bible study this year. I am reading six or seven chapters of a book (or the entire book if less than seven chapters) each day for a month. Galatians was the book I chose to read for January. Let me tell you, this method has opened the Word up! This method is not new and I have read about it in the past, but it is so effective. I have probably read Galatians 20 times or so in the past, but doing it this way...I missed so much! Has anyone else ever done this? I will be tackling Titus in February.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Bible Study Help

Postby Wowboy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:59 pm

That sounds like a great idea. I've seen a lot of people fail to grasp the overarching narrative of books of the bible and even the bible as a whole because they tackle the text in a topical manner, skipping from book to book cherry picking passages that cover the topic that is being covered.

I think that's perfectly fine if you are also reading entire books at a time. The method you are using is a good one, so keep it up!
Wowboy

Return to Discussions & Scripture