Site going down

If you are having problems with the site or just want to give suggestions on how we can improve, pop in here and let us know.

Site going down

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Matt and Chad,

Did you guys know that the site goes down regularly during the middle of the day now?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:35 pm

yep. we know. Chad is looking into changing servers, so that may happen sooner rather than later. Chad can comment on this more than I can.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby camper on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Chad/Matt:

This is who I use for checkpointalpha.com:

http://www.ace-host.net/

They're reasonably priced and I've never had issues with them. I highly recommend them.

dan
camper

Postby Matthew on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:54 pm

camper wrote:Chad/Matt:

This is who I use for checkpointalpha.com:

http://www.ace-host.net/

They're reasonably priced and I've never had issues with them. I highly recommend them.

dan

Chad actually switched loserville.us over a few months ago, and, from what he told me yesterday, he just bought a few more domains. I'm pretty sure he's already in the process. Thanks for the advice anyway :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby MacGyver on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:06 am

Yeah, I noticed this, too. And there've been posts I'm writing and when I hit the submit button the site just freezes. Probably related. Looking forward to the switch. ;)
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby andrwfields on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Well, things were running pretty well for a while, but it looks like the server is back to it's old tricks...
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Return to Questions & Comments