Direction of the site?

If you are having problems with the site or just want to give suggestions on how we can improve, pop in here and let us know.

Postby andrwfields on Fri May 19, 2006 2:44 pm

I wanted to make a suggestion for a forum to be added to the list we already have (if it won't make the site look too...fluffy [it isnt' the right word, but it's the first that comes to mind]).

I spend a lot of time listening to the news and politics everyday, just because I think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3 :wink:

Any way we could get a news and/or politics forum going? To risky? A better place to do it?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat May 20, 2006 12:09 am

andrwfields wrote:Any way we could get a news and/or politics forum going? To risky? A better place to do it?

You want to discuss BOTH politics and religion? Do you have a death wish? I'll vote for a political/news forum - but only if Republicans have access ;)
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby andrwfields on Sat May 20, 2006 8:35 am

At one time, some did call me... a republican. Lol.

Yeah, does sound like a bit of a deathwish eh? But where else could we make fun of Rumsfeld and Fred Phelps at the same time?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby chad_ghost on Sat May 20, 2006 10:28 am

might as well add it :)

we can see how it goes.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby chad_ghost on Sat May 20, 2006 10:36 am

camper wrote:How about a statement of faith, would that be something worth putting up?

That way a Christian could read what the core beliefs of the site are so they can see if they really do feel 'safe'. Granted, there will be differences on the minor beliefs, but there are definite core Christian beliefs and I know when I go to Christian sites that's the first thing I check.

Matthew wrote:good idea.

it could be a forum underneath "in the beginning"

state our salvation story, history of following Christ, denomination, things we believe. etc.

these two seem to be a little different.

do you want to come up w/ a statement of faith for the entire site, or just a place where people can hash this out?

also, if i added to the Genisis section, what would i call it?
chad_ghost

"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby andrwfields on Sat May 20, 2006 10:44 am

Chad, the subtitle you've got listed under News and Politics has got me cracked up man. I'll have to be more careful of how I suggest things next time! :lol:
andrwfields
Constable

Postby chad_ghost on Sat May 20, 2006 11:16 am

andrwfields wrote:Chad, the subtitle you've got listed under News and Politics has got me cracked up man. I'll have to be more careful of how I suggest things next time! :lol:

well........... :lol:
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat May 20, 2006 11:47 am

I personally think we should have a Statement of Faith. Though I am sure we can mostly come up with a coherent and near unanimous statement, I am sure there will be some you disagree. But even if we don't go so far as making a theological statement, it would be nice to put a prupose statement on the board. I know you have (or had it under the old site at least) the purpose and origin of this site. But it would be nice to make it something anchored on the main page at least.

I would also like to see a means of presenting a plan of salvation for those that might visit this site that are not Christian. But again, this may be a bit controversial like the Statement of faith.

I think that the Statement of Faith and a possible Plan of Salvation could be something that we could debat as topics under the Discussion thread. A "List your Salvation Story could be another forum under "Christianity"
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby chad_ghost on Sat May 20, 2006 1:15 pm

all great suggestions Bri, ill get to that later today.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby camper on Mon May 22, 2006 6:04 am

Well, with regard to offering a plan of salvation you have to have a statement of faith.

Accepting Christ as your Savior and All roads lead to heaven are mutually exclusive ;)

dan
camper

Previous

Return to Questions & Comments