chat vs. login

If you are having problems with the site or just want to give suggestions on how we can improve, pop in here and let us know.

chat vs. login

Postby ColtsFan76 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:16 am

Chad, I have been having a problem with logging onto the site that may be tied to the chat system. Even though I am set to "log me on everytime" I visit, it is no longer working. I always have to type in my password and login to get on the site. This has happened on both my work and personal laptop. And both times the automatic login stopped work was the next time I logged onto the site after logging off the chat window.

Any thoughts? It really is aggrevating to log back on everytime I check in. it won't accept the changes when I reselect the auto-logon either. It's like my browser won't accpet the cookies but it still will do it for other sites - so it sounds like more of a conflict on this site instead of computer problem - especially since it happened on two computers
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:37 pm

hmmm... that hasnt happened to me at all. anyone else having this problem?

when i get a chance, ill check flashchat's site to see if that is a common problem.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby ColtsFan76 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:58 pm

It seems clearing my cookies at work seemed to do the trick. Now I need to see if that works when I get home. With all the info I allow on cookies though, I am not going to want to use chat if it keep logging me out of this site or giving me the option to wipe my history.
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby ColtsFan76 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:23 am

^

It seems there is some cookie conflict. Once I cleared my history on al the computers that I used chat, I was able to stay auto logged on this site. Not sure why that is happening.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:29 am

are computers the most wonderful things sometimes :?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Questions & Comments