Faith based Chemical Depedency course

We would love to know how you involved or would like to be involved. Maybe you just have questions on where God wants you. In either case, this is the place for such topics.

Faith based Chemical Depedency course

Postby RevSears on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:44 am

A Mentor and good friend has asked me to tag along and assist (and occasionaly teach for him) at a faith based rehab course. This is an optioni for parole's (instead of fines or jail time) and we will have a "captive" audience. Say a prayer for us, we are going in with the intention of Glorifying the Lord, leading the lost to Christ, and letting these guys and gals know they can't quite drugs, only Jesus can equip them with the ability to make good choices and refrain from sin!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Faith based Chemical Depedency course

Postby destros_elite on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:51 pm

They have one here in town called Celebrate Recovery.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Fri May 18, 2012 1:42 am

They do celebrate recovery here, but this is a little different, it is a closed group for court ordered offenders on ankle monitors only. We work with a local P.O. and run in sessions. I am really going to miss this when I am gone from Alaska. Many lives have been touched, and we are getting lots of requests for the group to be open. Mic (the head teacher whom I assist) is talking about offering a second open group on Saturdays as a regular teaching service. It could be a back door to starting a small recovery based fellowship. Say a prayer for him, he is also actively looking for my replacement, hoping they can be their to assist when I leave at the end of next month.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 am

RevSears wrote:They do celebrate recovery here, but this is a little different, it is a closed group for court ordered offenders on ankle monitors only. We work with a local P.O. and run in sessions. I am really going to miss this when I am gone from Alaska. Many lives have been touched, and we are getting lots of requests for the group to be open. Mic (the head teacher whom I assist) is talking about offering a second open group on Saturdays as a regular teaching service. It could be a back door to starting a small recovery based fellowship. Say a prayer for him, he is also actively looking for my replacement, hoping they can be their to assist when I leave at the end of next month.

This would be cool. It could definitely be a great transition for some and an open door for others. I'm sure that would be hard to leave.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Ministries & Activities