Judean Missions

We would love to know how you involved or would like to be involved. Maybe you just have questions on where God wants you. In either case, this is the place for such topics.

Judean Missions

Postby Matthew on Mon May 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Judean Missions, or JM as it will be branded, is a ministry started by a friend from church. I'll get to more on him in a little bit. Three times a year, a group from our church goes to Louisville, KY, Charlotte, NC, and Nashville, TN. We leave on the trips on Friday morning (very early) and get home late Saturday night. This is the second years of the ministry. We are simply doing street evangelism. Telling people about Jesus, handing out gospel tracks and Bibles, and praying with people. I went on a trip in April and it has changed my life. On this last trip, we had 15 people go, 12 salvations, and easily hundreds of seeds planted.

Some info on the guy who started this.
It was started by a friend at church. He took Matthew 10:9-12 to heart and decided to go. For $100 you can ride a grey hound bus anywhere for 5 days. He visited 3 cities (I think), taking nothing with him except gospel tracks, Bibles, and a backpack. He would go to churches for food and shelter, which didn't take him in as easily as you would think. No money, no cell phone, only "Faith in My Pocket" as he called it. He wrote a book about his experiences aptly titled "Nothing But Faith in My Pocket"

Wanted to post about this here because we are trying to partner with other churches to help this mission grow. We want to partner with other churches, and have them visit Knoxville and two other cities. And hopefully in the cities they visit, they can partner with a church who will do the same.

Been wanting to share for a while, so please let me know what you all think.
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Judean Missions

Postby RevSears on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:20 pm

sounds amazing! May God continue to use for his glory and empower you all greatly. I am in transition from my last church to a new in Oh, but if you guys headed to cinnicinati, or dayton I'd love to help out. Heck let me know when you go Louisville, i might be able to go there too. The church needs more of this! But it works best when their is a local church involved to refer new converts too.

Sadly many Christians and churchs have had to became leary of one another, there are lots of crazies out there :(
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 am

I am going on another one in October to Nashville. Future status of this ministry is up in the air right now unfortunately.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am

Got back from an amazing trip on Saturday night. 15 salvations, hundreds heard the gospel. Thanks Rev for the support! Now time for you to go on one with us (or bring your church to Knoxville :-))
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Ministries & Activities