Emmaus walk

We would love to know how you involved or would like to be involved. Maybe you just have questions on where God wants you. In either case, this is the place for such topics.

Emmaus walk

Postby andrwfields on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:47 pm

Have any of you guys participated in a Walk to Emmaus? I went on one a week ago and it truely changed my life. I feel now that I am so much closer to Jesus than I ever could have been before.

Basically, what the retreat weekend does is teach you lessons about God's grace and love. It is all based on the Walk to Emmaus in the NT. (If you don't know what it is, you should go look it up at biblegateway.com really quick, because I don't have time to explain it.)

If any of you guys have been on one of these, let me know and tell me about your experiences. If you want more information, just send me a message or leave a post and I'll tell you everything I know about it.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:52 am

I went 5 years ago. Truly awesome experience. It truly brought me closer to God than I've ever been, but it also made my walk harder. I've never had the devil work so hard on me after that weekend. I finally feel back into a rut. I'm going to add you to the prayer list because you'll need all the strength to stay this close to Jesus. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to experience this.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:52 pm

You are right about that. This past week was very trying indeed. And very stressful because I decided to start training for a part-time job as soon as I got back. I think I've had about 1-4 hours of me time in the past two weeks. Once I get that time built up, I'll be right on track where I need to be.

Thanks again for your prayers.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby camper on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:49 am

So can you (or someone else) tell us about it if you've got the time?

I tried looking it up on Biblegateway, but didn't get any info. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong plcea....

dan
camper

Postby Matthew on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:47 am

I can't really remember the history behind it, but I can give you an overview of the weekend. Most of what I went through I like to keep "secret" from those who haven't went because it is such an awesome experience that I feel that people need to experience it.

My weekend started with my sponsor picking me up and driving me to where I was going. We couldn't have anything that told time. We were broken into groups with table leader who had been on the walk before. We fellowshipped and sang praises and learned about the Lord. I've never felt more surrounded by the Lord at one time than that weekend.

check this out dan
http://www.upperroom.org/emmaus/
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Ministries & Activities