Compassion

We would love to know how you involved or would like to be involved. Maybe you just have questions on where God wants you. In either case, this is the place for such topics.

Compassion

Postby Hannah on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:32 am

i am interested in sponsoring a child through Compassion International. has anyone here gotten involved with them, or a similar organization? i'd like to know more about your experience.
cheers.
Hannah

Postby Matthew on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:31 am

I have been sponsoring a child through Worldvision for almost 2 years. It's been great so far, but I feel guilty sometimes because all I do is send money and sign little gifts for them that Worldvision sends me. There is a way to email letters to them, but I still haven't done that yet. It is cool when we get pictures of her and little drawings that she has done though. I'm really glad we are doing it
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Skyfire on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Hannah - If it's what you want to do, go for it. There's only one way to find out what will happen, and that's to actually attempt it.

Matt - Sometimes doing stuff long-distance is the only way you can do it. I actually helped a person convert that way.
"Whatever I do, you don't!"

Bon Scott (July 9, 1946 - February 19, 1980) to the much younger Angus Young (both of AC/DC), as remembered by Young.
Skyfire

Postby Hannah on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:05 pm

Matt - even though you aren't writing her (and i do encourage you to drop her a quick email. won't cost you a cent :wink: ), i believe you are making a tangible difference in her life and giving her a chance to experience the love of Christ. this counts for eternity, so good on ya!

Skyfire - i committed the decision to God, and i signed up.
Hannah

Return to Ministries & Activities