Builders For Christ

We would love to know how you involved or would like to be involved. Maybe you just have questions on where God wants you. In either case, this is the place for such topics.

Builders For Christ

Postby ColtsFan76 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:45 pm

I belong to a Southern Baptist mission called Builders for Christ. About 1500 volunteers usually go through one of 3 sites in the US to help build a church - usually one that does not have a church building or is in desperate need of expansion. We typically save the church about half the expense by donating our labor. This year's project is bigger than we are used to (~35,000 SF) so all 3 teams will converge on Jacob's Well in Eau Claire Wisconsin.

Our church will be leaving in 8 hours - 4AM local time to give our week's of time. This is my 6th trip and I was hoping for a cool time - but temperatures are already expected to hit the 80's all next week. We always seem to run into unseasonably warm weather wherever we go.

So I just wanted to let you know my time might be scare on this site (though I plan to bring my laptop anyway) and ask for prayer for travel and safety. Of our 38 people going, only 3 or 4 are actually from a construction background. Everyone else ranges from truck drivers to hairdressers to real estate agents. Our youngest is about 14 and the oldest I think is 74 - and can she haul the lumber!

Here is a link if anyone is interested:
http://jacobswellonline.com/index.php
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to Ministries & Activities