how are you involved?

We would love to know how you involved or would like to be involved. Maybe you just have questions on where God wants you. In either case, this is the place for such topics.

how are you involved?

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:25 pm

since i am still in grad school, i have been active in a campus ministry called the Well ( http://thewellsite.org )

i have worked with the multimedia team and the prayer team, but this semester i am student teaching, so i cant be involved.

im interested to hear about your involvement.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Skyfire on Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:25 pm

Currently I have a position as a ward missionary. It's my duty to help the full-time missionaries assigned to the ward perform their assigned tasks.
Skyfire

Postby Matthew on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:26 pm

right now I am in choir, but I have been ask and have taught sunday school and helped with Awana's for the first time tonight.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Chaplain on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:59 am

Well, I'm making small attempts to do something more foreward, but I'm signed up to chaperone teens at Gym night, and teach Sunday school from time to time, plus a few other odds and ends.
-Chaplain
Chaplain

Postby ColtsFan76 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:40 am

I am always leary to publish a "resume" because I feel it glorifies me more than God. But I serve at His pleasure and try to do each task to pleas Him.

Currently, I am "Special Events Coordinator" - a position my Pastor finally created for me since I tackle his special projects - one was renting out a movie theater so we could show the Passion of the Christ to the community. More recently, it has been to be the campaign coordinator for Rick Warren's 40 Days of Purpose studies the past two years.

I assist the Worship Team by running their sound board and AV during the sermons. Technically, I am a Trustee but have had nothing to worry about since I was appointed last year. I help count the tithe on a rotation.

One of my most fun and rewarding experiences is participating in Builders for Christ. It is a ministry run out of a few churches from Alabama that now draws from churchs from Florida to Wisconsin, Connecticut to Missouri in helping build churches. I have done that for 5 years now and will be going on my 6th trip this spring to Colorado.

In the past, I have taught Sunday School and other classes. Been on the Finance and Personel committees. Participated in most of the dramas, including "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames," and many more things as needs arise.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby tigerguy786 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:24 pm

Being at Word of Life, part of the curriculum is ministry stuff, apparently that's something almost exclusive to the Bible Institute... *shrugs*

Anyways, here at school I am a part of what is called the Inn Ministry Team. Basically, it's the cushy job of ministries (that is NOT the reason i picked it, t just happened to work out that way). The group is made up of people who worked at the Inn over the summer either for STC or as a supervisor (in the case of second year people). We go to the Inn, we get to stay in the rooms there, always a wonderful perk over the dorms, and we help out in all the guest meetings and the different events that happen at the inn for the guests. Sometimes we do kids ministry, other times we'll help with the ice breaker games during the meetings, other times we will help with the games they have at night. It's always a fun experience, and it is nice that we get to get away from the BI for a weekend or two.

This upcoming weekend I will be a counselor for Snow Camp (see related in the prayer/praise forum). Snow Camp is basically a week's worth of camp in 44 hrs (Friday afternoon to sunday afternoon). That is going to be an interesting experience. I'll put more details in the other topic.

That's all that I really do...
tigerguy786

Postby andrwfields on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:06 am

I know this thread is practically dead, but I thought that I'd throw my chips in as well.

I'm not really involved in any ongoing ministry groups right now. Although, I'd hope that will change soon.

What I am doing is participating in a play in my church. It's really interesting and I wonder if any of you guys have seen/done anything like this before. It's based on the Last Supper. The scene is set up like DaVinci's painting, and we come in right where Christ has announced the betrayal. Every disciple at the table stays in the same pose the whole play through, up until the time for his monologue. The monologues tell who the disciple was, what they did, and finishes off saying, "Is it I, Lord? Is it I?"

I can't wait. I'll be playing the part of Matthew.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:48 pm

andrwfields wrote:I can't wait. I'll be playing the part of Matthew.

Why not Andrew? Then no one would have to remember your name!

Drama is a fun way to share the Gospel. I have been in many skits and was involved in an international ministry called Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby andrwfields on Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:26 am

I wanted Andrew. Really I did. And there are two big reasons: (1) I really identify with Andrew on more levels than just the name. (2) His place at the table is a lot easier. I'm not sure if the Last Supper painting actually has a set list of who's who, aside from Christ and Judas I believe. But the person in the painting depicted as Matthew is on the right side of the table, standing, with both hand pointing towards Christ and his head turned the opposite direction. :x While Andrew merely sets at the right side of Jesus surrounded by other disciples. So there I am, stuck in that position while 11 other men go through monologues lasting about 5 minutes each.

Ironically, my roommate got the part of Andrew. And I am jealous of him for that reason. Lol.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Tim Elf on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:45 pm

I actually wrote two full-length Easter pageants that our church performed some years ago. We don't do it any more because it costs too much. Alas.

Here's some pictures from the final performance:

http://www.timscorner.com/youth/pageant1.html

Ack! A lot of the images and text are missing from those pages! Can you tell I haven't updated that part of the site in a long time? Anyway, you'll get the idea... I hope...
Serve the King. Live by His Code. Fight for His Cause.

http://www.menofvalor.cc
http://www.christianfictionreview.com
Tim Elf

Postby andrwfields on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:07 pm

I know it's really late for this, but I thought I would post a link to pictures from the play back at Easter. You can gohere to see it.

Oh, and my avatar for the moment is a pic from the play. That's me right there. I'm the fat guy in the red with the makeup.
andrwfields
Constable

Return to Ministries & Activities