What is the future of army4One?

When there is anything changed or updated here on the board, this is place for the announcements.

What is the future of army4One?

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Well, since it's been over a month since the last post, I was wondering everyone's thoughts on the matter.

I have thought about condensing the forums, but outside of that, any ideas? I will keep the place open, but in what manner should the board still run?

I appreciate everyone here, and your thoughts are welcomed.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: What is the future of army4One?

Postby destros_elite on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:39 pm

I think condensing would be a good idea, though I think it was condensed a couple of years ago, wasn't it? It think it there was a chat option in this format that might help as well. I'm glad you are keeping it open as even though we have a lot of dry spells, I absolutely love this site and the friendships I have forged here over the past four years.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 am

Like destros_elite said, I love this board too, and have many friends that I wouldn't have without this board.

That being said, I'm lazy when it comes to this board. No doubt that Satan would rather me be on three Joe boards (though I don't post often) than to be a contributor here.

A few weeks ago I went on a mini-mission trip to Louisville, KY to do evangelism and led my first person to Jesus, and planted the seed with many, many more. I never posted about the trip before or posted praises after due to laziness, or spiritual warfare, or both.

We have, maybe, 10 people that I can think of that MIGHT post on the board. Is it worth having it as a specific board? Would a facebook Group be easier to maintain? Do we need to do a membership drive :D

The more that I type, the more I'm convinced that Satan and his demons are fully at work suffocating this board.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 pm

I like the idea of a FB group. It might help bring new blood in here.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I don't go on facebook much, but I know there are a lot of folks that do. I could set something up as long as I don't have to run it :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 am

isn't there already a facebook page? or am I crazy?

Summer is when I am more free for boards. I stay so busy these days. I went this place to stick around! I think new members would be great. I always keep army4one in my sig at other Joe boards, do you guys do the same?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't put it in my signature because I pretty much only post on fishing-related boards now. I haven't bought a Joe in probably 2-1/2 years.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Matthew on Mon May 07, 2012 8:59 am

RevSears wrote:isn't there already a facebook page? or am I crazy?

Summer is when I am more free for boards. I stay so busy these days. I went this place to stick around! I think new members would be great. I always keep army4one in my sig at other Joe boards, do you guys do the same?

I don't know one. Maybe we had something a while back. I know Andy setup a MySpace.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Updates & Announcements