Hello everyone!

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Hello everyone!

Postby Wowboy on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:54 pm

I'm a longtime lurker and had an account on the old board but only recently got around to renewing it on the new board. A little bit about me:

I gave my life to God at the ripe old age of six. While a lot of people who make such a decision at such a young age don't quite understand what they are doing, I definately did. I had been reading since I was three years old and immediately launched into reading the bible. I don't think I finished until I was ten, and really didn't understand much of the deep intricacies of scripture aside from the basic notion of man's rebellion against an almighty God and the redemption offered by the sacrifice of Christ. Since then, I have read quite a bit more in depth into what the scriptures have to say, and also what other people have to say. I enjoy philosophy and studying non-Christian religions and am fascinated that so many of them contain bits and pieces of Christian ideas but always fall short in some regard.

I am currently serving a second enlistment in the Air Force and attending school during my off duty time. Right now, I am slowly getting classes knocked out for a Master's degree in Computer Science, a Master's degree in Business Administration, and two more undergraduate degrees in English Literature and Letters. A lot of people ask me how I do it and I always respond with those timeless words, "One day at a time."

I was lucky enough to marry the most beautiful woman on Earth in June of 2005 and have been having a great time with her ever since. She is a nursing student at the University of Oklahoma and hopes to someday be a Nurse Practicioner. Between my job, my school, and all of her school, it doesn't leave much time for each other, but somehow, we manage to find time anyway, and it is always amazing whether we are watching a movie together, playing board games, or just sitting and talking.

The two of us have been looking for a church for our entire marriage and have only recently settled on one. A year and a half seems excessive for finding a church, but it is something we both take very seriously and want the best environment for us to be in for our spiritual growth and especially for any potential additions to our family that we will hopefully be blessed with in the future.

Since I have rambled for quite a length of time here, I will go ahead and end this post and move onto the meat of the board!
Wowboy

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:53 pm

great to have you back Wowboy. i look forward to the discussions.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby ColtsFan76 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:44 pm

welcome back!
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby V_Max on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:17 am

Welcome back, Wowboy, great to see you here.

Justin
V_Max

Postby Matthew on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:34 pm

howdy howdy and welcome back :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Dude, glad you're back! My heart really goes out to you after what you went through in 2k6, and I've been praying for you and your family... I'm glad to see you're doing better! :D
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby camper on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 am

Good to see you around wowboy, and if you plan on staying in the AF and are not hunting for a comission when your degrees are done, come visit me so I can slap some sense into you ;)

Seriously, good to see you back and hope 2007 is good to you both.

dan
camper

Postby Wowboy on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:39 am

camper wrote:Good to see you around wowboy, and if you plan on staying in the AF and are not hunting for a comission when your degrees are done, come visit me so I can slap some sense into you ;)

Seriously, good to see you back and hope 2007 is good to you both.

dan

If I could get out tomorrow, I would. I love my job and it is very rewarding, but I have had enough with upper management jerking me around and costing me a LOT of money.
Wowboy

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

glad to have you, hope to see you around more.
RevSears

Return to Member Information