Barry Bonds?

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Barry Bonds?

Postby andrwfields on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:29 pm

I kind of enjoy the fact that no pitcher wants to let Bonds break Hank Aaron's record. I think that only true players should get those achievements, not ones who 'roid it up to get their stats.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:10 pm

well, I take satisfaction in knowing tha A-Rod could break whatever record Bond's sets.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Chuck Norris on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:07 pm

A-Rod hits 820 +

I really think so.

><> In Jesus
Chuck Norris
does not sleep. He waits.

Postby andrwfields on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:34 am

Looks like he finally did it...

Boo Barry Bonds
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Rockpop on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 am

Don't get me started on "The Player".
I could go on a rant, and not sure if I could stop. Probably keep going until A-Rod or Griffey breaks the record.

Records are set by men, and can be broken by men, so I don't necessarily feel sorry for Aaron for that reason. It's just that it had to be broken by the one person who is undoubtedly been the most "hated" player in the entire history of mlb. Regardless of whether or not he's guilty of being juiced, covering up other players and doctors who are guilty, or whatever, he's brought nothing but shame, disrespect, and dishonor to all of mlb and its' most loyal fans. Why would anyone need Rev. Jesse Jackson to pray for the commissioner to attend The Players' games to watch him set the record?

What gets me most, is what he said when the congessional hearings were taking place: There's nothing in the rulebook that bans HGH or andro.
Hey Jerk, there's nothing in my employees handbook at my job that says specifically I can't huff gasoline, that doesn't mean I'm up to 2 gallons a day.
The MLB rulebook does not supercede laws of the land, common sense, or moral decency.

Yeah, I saw # 756. Mostly by sheer accident. My luck. Did anybody else get repulsed when the melon-head prima-donna stepped on the dish and looked up and pointed in the sky, as if the thank God?

I'll be back later, I can taste the vomit coming up...
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby andrwfields on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:27 pm

"Yeah, I saw # 756. Mostly by sheer accident. My luck. Did anybody else get repulsed when the melon-head prima-donna stepped on the dish and looked up and pointed in the sky, as if the thank God?

I'll be back later, I can taste the vomit coming up..."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Heard about #756 on the radio this morning. Went blind for a second...
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Normus on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:04 am

sorry, double post.
Last edited by Normus on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normus

Postby Normus on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:05 am

Assuming he is guilty, It just seems to me Bonds was a good enough player before he bulked up he never really needed the roids.

And like most people here, I just really hope A-Rod can make it all a moot point in a few years. Guess I'm just hoping he can go to a team playing in a real hitter's park to cut down on the time it will take.
Normus

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 pm

Most people here will probably disagree with me, but here we go:

He broke the record; good for him. He has to put up with so much about him 'maybe' being juiced. He has not been indicted. If he was the ONLY player, then I would definitely be against this, but by my guess, at some point over the past 20 years, 75% of MLB players have used something.

Neifi Perez was just suspended 80 games because of the drug policy, but no one makes comments on this. It became in the MLB that if you were going to get ahead, you needed to have an edge. Those who did this have sacrificed their health to stay ahead of other players, which they will pay for. Look at Ken Caminiti. He died from this stuff.

Bonds did this just like everyone else in this era of baseball. The stats from 1985-2007 all could be tainted. Heck, who remembers Brady Anderson hitting 50 homeruns?

People may not like it, and may put the blame on Barry, but I think that it should be on the MLB for turning their cheeks for too long.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Rockpop on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:11 pm

I agree with "Don't judge others..." policy, but this is different.
I don't necessarily care whether he's innocent or not of spiking up. He's a jerk with dirt-poor attitude (ask Pittsburgh fans).

You can clearly look at his records, not just HRs, but also OB%, slugging %, etc. Everything shoots up ( :) ) in late 90s. Does it make him guilty, no. Should he go to jail for this, no. He's definately not the ONLY player in this 'roids era surrounded by conspiracy and doubt.
The only real issue I take regarding his (alleged) steroid use, is that he has deflected all blame and responsibility to Balco and his trainers/doctors. "The Player's" official excuse: "I don't keep track with what my trainers give me. They know what they are doing"
What?!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?!
That's like saying "No sir, I didn't shoot that man, it was the bullet that murdered him."
That's like saying "depends on what your definition of "is" is"
That's like Palmeiro pointing to God "I'm not guilty". Whatever happened to him anyway......oh yeah, about forgot.
It's just a way for him to not get in trouble with a grand jury.
He recently told the media that mlb players need to stick together. That's usually what people say when they try to get their story (lie) straight. He said this in response to Bob Costas' interview with Schilling and Balco chemist (that's right, chemist) Patrick Arnold whom both said they believed "the player" had taken performance enhancers. "The player" then called Costas "a little midget man who knows nothing about baseball."
Nice response to prove your innocense.
This is the kind of trash that's come out of "the player's" mouth for 18 years.

He was a very good athlete. Had good all-around skills, and even could have been a hall of famer had there been no 'roids issue. It's almost a shame his head is the size of a michelin tire now.
Babe Ruth and Cy Young were alcoholics and womanizers. Hall of famers.
The list goes on (takes a left turn with Rose :) ) I'm not a firm believer that ALL athletes should be role models to kids. There will always be Dale Murphys and Ripkens and Gwynns.
He can brake all the records he wants. Records are set by men, they can be broken by men (or women). It's his attitude and arrogance. If he's such a winner, where's the rings and trophies? Why does he go free for breaking the law, while his "trainers" sit in jail, already sentenced.

Selig is just as bad. Condoning this type of environment for years is completely wrong. Since the strike, it's gotten completely out of hand. I flushed Selig down the toilet in '93.

Oh well. Maybe "the player's" story will be an interesting movie-of-the-week someday. They would have to use a wide angle lense on the close-ups.

I'll be back later, I can taste more vomit coming up....
Rockpop
aka Solo

Return to News & Politics